AURO 2011-02-02 03:10:00
Well, the word 'Best' here is not the same for everyone. At times we would look at speed, other times we would need functionality or ease of use. So the final decision will always be left to you. :)
Let us discuss a bit about the 'best' browsers the world knows, to further narrow down, I know. I will provide you an overview about the best features and highlights, my view.
Mozilla Firefox 4
* Extreme robustness, extreme compatibility, extreme functionality (liberty if you are geeky).
* Uncountable number of add-ons can be installed on Firefox to turn your browser into virtually anything!
* You can actually back-up your Firefox fully (passwords, addons, skins etc. ) using Mozbackup in case you wish to migrate.
* Be sure to use a master password in case you use 'Remember Password' option otherwise even a rookie can steal your passwords if got a chance to sit at your PC for even a minute.
* There can be few things in modern internet that would not work on Opera as intended. But Opera is really cool!
* Killer features would be the session saving. It is lovely! You do not have to open the sites again and again. All the tabs will be open in an instant when you open Opera. This can be very useful when you have to open same sites periodically.
* Also the thing I like most about Opera is its disobedience for caching and revalidation in backward direction. That means you can go to the back pages using cached content without having to wait for the page to load.
Comodo Dragon - Google Chrome replacement
Many of you would never have heard about this great browser. Let me introduce you to Comodo as security and antivirus specialists who provide their software for free (majority, Dragon included)
* Many of you would say Google Chrome is the best. But do you know that Google themselves reported a very serious vulnerability in Google Chrome by which one's system can be hijacked? Also Chrome can make you traceable with a unique ID assigned to your system when it installs. Moreover, it sends some arguably confidential information to Google servers too.
* But Google's Chromium platform is best in many cases. Excellent page rendering speed, lightweight interface, robustness etc. are superb! Also, Chromium platform obeys the rules of internet to highest extent.
* What if you get only the pros of Google Chrome without the cons along with security from Comodo? There is our Comodo Dragon. The ultimate browser which is based on Chromium platform! Fast, robust, secure, easy!
Cometbird - a mini Firefox with Video downloader embedded
* Cometbird is based on Gecko platform (Firefox platform)
* It has an in-built media/video downloader which can be used for downloading videos/audios from Youtube and Youtube like sites.
* Well, Apple Safari is world's fastest browser for PC.
* It has the poorest functionality of all but a very sleek look if you are only a surfing-type person.
Please note that the above mentioned browsers are all veterans of their fields and have been refined over time regularly. I just wrote only the highlights according to me, just to give you a broad idea. If you have any additions to make in this topic or you have any questions, you are most welcome to reply in this topic. Also please hit Like.